Our skin is our largest organ, and what we put on it gets absorbed into our body.
It's getting warm outside so naturally we'll be hitting the pools or beach. Consider using natural oils instead of toxic sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful rays.
Examples of natural oils and their SPF include:
• Red Raspberry Seed Oil- 25-50 SPF
• Carrot Seed Oil- 35-40 SPF
• Zinc Oxide- 2-20 SPF (depending on the quantity you use)
• Olive Oil- up to 7 SPF
• Shea Butter- 4-6 SPF
• Coconut Oil- 4-6 SPF
• Almond Oil- up to 5 SPF
• Peppermint Oil- up to 7 SPF
• Macadamia Nut Oil- up to 6 SPF
For full coverage DIY sunscreen, mix Shea butter, carrot seed oil and zinc oxide together. This combination protects against UVA and UVB radiation and is most effective when immediately applied. Reapply after getting wet